– Faced with the absence of the president and vice-president of the nation, the Centennial festivities were presided over by the top authority figure of the Republic, Emiliano Figueroa Larrain, who, in 1910, had been the minister of Justice and Public Instruction for a year.
– With the objective of giving the city a facelift for the Centennial, the inauguration of different public works was scheduled. Among them: Mapocho Station and the Palace of Fine Arts.
– In order to coordinate the diverse activities for the commemoration of the 200 year anniversary of the First Government Junta of Chile, the government formed a work group dubbed the Bicentennial Commission.
– A few of the most important projects for commemorating the Bicentennial in the capital are the Gabriela Mistral Cultural Center, the Bicentennial Park City and Bike Route Master Plan.
– The Bicentennial Group is a forum that brings together Latin American countries that celebrate the Bicentennial on dates that are close to Chiles Bicentennial. Its intention is to coordinate some celebratory activities between the different nations.
– The Bicentennial group is made up by Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Venezuela and Chile.