Inglés, Reading8° Básico
What you must know about Energy sources and resources
The sun is the main source of energy that exists for earth
Energy sources and resources
– The sun is the main source of energy that exists for earth.
– If water is in constant movement it produces kinetic energy, which is then turned into electric energy.
– Fossil fuels (coal, oil and natural gas) come from the remains of living beings buried millions of years ago, which under the right conditions of pressure and temperature, transformed into organic residues.
Renewable and non-renewable energy sources
– Solar radiation reaches Earth in the form of photons that are used as caloric and electric energy.
– Eolic energy is used to produce electricity and this process is performed through aerogenerators.
– Geothermal energy is a product of caloric energy stored in the rocks located in the subsoil.
Uses of renewable and non-renewable energies
– Electricity and gas can be generated from biomass.
– Natural gas is a mix of different gases of fossil origin. It is found in the depths of the earth.
– After oil is extracted, it can be used directly as fuel, or it can be fractioned to generate different sub-products, like liquated gas, gasoline, paraffin, among others.