– It is a mythological animal that looks like a huge guanaco and it protects the herds of camelids. Sometimes, it appears with a demon head and spits fire from its snout, while on other occasions it presents itself with an angelical face. If someone wants to hunt an animal from the herd, they must ask this being for permission.
What is the mission of the Yastay?
How does this guanaco reveal itself?
The regions of the Greater North
– The Region of Arica y Parinacota is administratively divided into two provinces, Arica (regional capital) and Parinacota.
– The capital of the Region of Tarapaca is Iquique (regional capital).
– The Region of Antofagasta has a surface area of 126,049.1km2. It is the second largest after the Region of Magallanes y la Antartica Chilena.
How many provinces in the Region of Arica y Parinacota split into?
What is the capital of the Region of Tarapaca?
What is the surface area of the Region of Antofagasta?
Relief and biogeography
– A new geographical accident appears along the coastline of the regions of Arica y Parinacota and Tarapaca, coastal cliff. In the intermediate depression of the Region of Antofagasta we find the Domeyko mountain range.
– The biographical trend of the Greater North is characterized for presenting a high level of endemic species.
What new form of relief appears in the Region of Antofagasta?
What is the main characteristic of the Greater North’s biogeography?