– Characters: Cai Cai is the serpent of evil, enemy of earthly life, animals and plants. Treg-Treg is the serpent of good, goddess of earth and fertility, protector of humans.
– Region: Region of Araucania, where the mapuches originally lived. Many of them still live there to this day.
– Meaning of the names: Cai Cai means sea serpent and Treg-treg means land serpent.
– Meaning behind the myth: legend says that our country’s present-day morphology is due to the struggle between these two mythological beings. It supposedly explains the presence of countless islands down south, as well as the mountains, hills and volcanoes found along the Coastal and Andes mountains.
– Moral or lesson: sooner or later, good always triumphs over evil.