Skip to main content

Its geography has been shaped in part by the erosion produced by glaciers, which has created lakes separating the many hills spread across its territory. The highest hill is Juozapiné (294 meters above sea level). Its most important river, the Neman, is also a prominent shipping route.
Lithuania’s climate is mild, with average temperatures of 18º C in summer and 0º C in winter.
67% of the population lives in cities and nearly 80% are Lithuanians, while the remaining 20% is made up of Russians, Poles, Belarusians and Ukrainians. The main national revenue comes from agriculture and forestry.


Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /www/wwwroot/ on line 13